The DPD operates:
- over 2,000 acres of park land
- an indoor sports center
- the Decatur Airport
- three golf courses (Hickory Point Golf Course, Red Tail Run, Scovill Golf Course)
- a miniature golf course
- softball, soccer and tennis complexes
- bike trails
- numerous athletic fields
- a community aquatic center
- an AZA-accredited zoo
- an equestrian center
- a banquet, food & beverage business
In addition, the DPD is heavily involved in the promotion of the arts, sponsoring the Decatur Park Singers, the Greater Decatur Chorale and many dance/drama activities.
Fun (and amazing) fact: The Decatur Park District’s 2,000+ acres of park space are nearly double the national standard for a community of Decatur’s size.
The staff and directors of the DPD do a fantastic job at keeping all their parks and facilities maintained, making our park system a true gem of the Decatur community and the entire region.